There is a definite feeling here at Birthday Present Ideas that if you are resorting to buying a gift card then we’ve failed in our mission to inspire an original gift idea.
But that’s OK! Gift cards are always gratefully received and if you really can’t think of anything then it’s a great way to save some stress!
Birthday Gift Voucher Tips
There are two key choices to make when buying gift cards for other people:
- How Much? This is a tricky one. Too much and you might be spoiling your lucky recipient, not enough and you’ll appear mean! Younger children will always be delighted to recieve any amount – birthday’s are the main source of income! But how much do you give your grown up children? We’d love to hear what amount you think is appropriate!
- Which Store? This is hopefully an easier decision. If you know the recipient well you’ll know where they like to shop. However in this day and age there is thankfully a one-stop-shop that should satisfy everyone’s needs: Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk
Other things to look out for are the gift card’s expiry date, terms and conditions that limit where it can be redeemed and any other restrictions that might detract from the gift.
All About Amazon Gift Cards
As someone who has grown up with the Internet and embraced online shopping I always go for an Amazon gift voucher.
- Most of us have an Amazon account already, no need to register to buy one and the person you are giving it to will be able to use it easily
- Amazon has a great reputation, they deliver on time and deal with returns swiftly. They won’t embarrass you!
- Amazon has a fantastic range of goods to chose from, your gift recipient is guaranteed to find something they like!
Their terms and conditions are fairly standard, you’ll find the full list on your country’s Amazon gift card page. It’s worth noting that the gift certificates do have a time limit and can only be redeemed in the same region as where it was purchased.
For more information check out the gift card info pages at Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk